Century against India changed my life: Fakhar Zaman

Century against India changed my life: Fakhar Zaman


Karachi: Pakistan’s new batting sensation Fakhar Zaman says that the century against India in the final of ICC Champions Trophy has changed his life.
Fakhar, after getting a new lease of life earlier in the innings, scored 114 off 106 deliveries with the help of three sixes and 12 fours.
The century, not only won several endorsement contracts for Fakhar but also earned him praise from all quarters in the country.
“It certainly changed my life,” Fakhar said in an interview.
“People started treating me like a legend and it is very overwhelming,” he said.
Fakhar couldn’t have achieved this all if Jasprit Bumrah’s delivery that got him caught behind was not found to be a no-ball in TV replays.
“I was in dismay after I first got out, but then the umpire told me that it was a no-ball and it gave me a new lease of life,” he said.
“I am thankful to Almighty Allah for the innings,” he said.
Fakhar says that he never thought he would get a chance that quickly and his emergence at the international arena would be this great and memorable.
“I was like, I will be getting one or two matches, but I got the chance in the second match and it remained constant,” he said.
“I played each game with my natural style like I used to play in domestic cricket and it helped me overpower the top bowlers from the opponents,” explained Fakhar.
The 27-year-old batsman form Mardan said that the innings against India in the final of ICC Champions Trophy was most under-pressure innings for him.
“Everyone was talking about it, even my family who hardly spoke about cricket before were talking about this encounter, so it made me feel the pressure of the game,” he said.
The dashing batsman has now set his eyes on bringing more laurels for Pakistan.
“I want to continue with that performance,” he aimed.
“I am still learning and will continue to learn with the time and experience. I will try not to let down fans and supporters when I am on the wicket,” he said.

Comments