Top moments from Hrithik's interview on Kangana controversy

Top moments from Hrithik's interview on Kangana controversy


Bollywood star Hrithik Roshan, who recently responded to Kangana Ranaut’s allegations in a social media post, shared at length his side of the story in his firsttelevised interview since the controversy.  
Here as some of the top moments from the interview. 

Kangana approached Hrithik

“We were at a wrap-up party in Jordan, and I was ready to retire for the night, and she [Kangana] wanted to talk, and I was very, very tired, so I told her we should talk in the morning,” he said. 
“I ordered for room service, and there was a loud knock on my door, so I went to check - this was 2012, and everyone was really happy - and it was her through the keyhole.”
“She didn’t appear to be in the right state. It was a party so you’ve had a few drinks, so I called my assistant, and he came down to her room and asked her sister to come get her. 
When asked if he told anyone about it, he said, “Rangoli [Kangana’s sister] came and told me not to think badly of her, and that she is a good girl,” Hrithik said, “and I said of course, I’m not for a moment judging her.”

Not a victim

“First of all, I am not a victim. I don’t think there is anything in my life that will make me think that way about myself,” said the actor.
“I know, and I have always known, that whatever I say can and will be used against me,” he continued, “and I have to be honest that I am very, very uncomfortable right now.”

Afraid of words being misconstrued

“I was also very afraid. I’m afraid that my words would be misconstrued. If I come across as strong they might term me as aggressive, if I show emotion they might term me as weak, if I show that I am vulnerable, they say ‘he’s looking for sympathy,’” he continued.
“If I’m walking down the street and if a person abuses me, the dignified thing to do is to keep walking, but if that person starts throwing stones into my home, and affects the well being of me and my family, then that silence is no longer strength, that silence becomes weakness,” he said. “It’s been four years, and I’ve had enough.”

We were never good friends

"I first met her in 2008-2009,” said Hrithik.
When asked about one of Kangana’s leaked emails, in which she called him a ‘close friend’. Hrithik denied this.
An image surfaced of the two actors together, which Hrithik claimed was photoshopped. 
“We did not become good friends,” he said, “I found her to be extremely, extremely professional, not just in Kites, but through Krrish as well, to the extent that I was really, really proud of her. She came with her dialogues, and she was giving everything she had for my movies, and for an actor to give so much to my movies meant a lot. I was extremely proud of her, and I told her that several times.”
''She said that she was inspired by me after seeing me in a film in Manali. I took that as a compliment,” he said.

Hrithik denies marriage proposal

Speaking about the marriage proposal, Kangana alleged Hrithik made in 2014, he clarified ““When I heard that I was relieved, because I thought we this is a lie that can be demolished''. Then came the photoshopped pictures. But no one saw the truth.”

Kangana's non-stop emails 

Hrithik shared that Kangana sent him ten to fifteen emails initially. 
“It started with ten then fifteen mails and I was afraid. If I send you an email right now, how would you stop the email from entering your inbox?”
“If you have a MacBook Pro, there is no option to block people. Believe me, I hunted for this blocking option. You can only spam it or junk it, and I did that immediately,” he said. 
“I must have read 40-50 of them. There were about 3-4000. All this time, the harassment was limited to my laptop, then she made it public. And that is when I got afraid.”
Hrithik explains not filing police complaint earlier
When asked why didn't he file any police complaint, Hrithik replied, “I didn’t want to name her. I could have replied, I could have made a phone call, I could have sent an SMS saying ‘come over’, but thank God I didn’t,” Hrithik said. 
“I didn’t want to associate with this at all. I am a creative person. I have kids. I had no interest in this. Until it started manifesting in the outside world. I can handle things in my inbox. I deal with my problems. I can just brush it aside and move on.”
The legal battle between the two leading actors of Bollywood started in January 2016, after Kangana referred to Hrithik as her "silly ex". 
Reacting to this, Hrithik served her a legal notice. Following this, the two have been caught up in a public spat. 
The two actors worked together in Kites (2010) and then again in Krrish 3 (2013). 

Comments